What if you’ve got chocolate, soothing lighting, soft music and maybe even a little wine but still not in the mood? Just want to go to sleep after that candle lit bubble bath and massage? Well, all the romance in the world can’t cure a low libido but even if it’s caused by your chronic illness, there are other remedies!
There are also many other causes. Don’t blame your chronic illness too quickly. Sex drive fluctuates in all people, men and women, healthy or not. So, if you haven’t been in the mood much lately, it’s probably nothing to worry about. Basic life events can influence your libido more than you realize so cut yourself some slack after career changes, relocations, breakups, diagnoses and deaths. Stress is a total mood killer! Medications often cause a change in sex drive so check all your prescriptions and supplements for side effects. Make sure you talk to your doctor before making any changes to your doses. There’s no shame in craving great sex!
Supplements for Low Sex Drive
After talking to your doctor, she may recommend hormone therapy, medication or counseling. If there is no psychological, physical or abnormal hormonal cause, some supplements may be able to help get you in the mood.
- Asian Ginseng and Ginkgo are good for so many things! They really should be a part of your diet.
- Both men and women have been known to use yohimbe to heighten sensitivity.
- Black cohosh is something I’ve recommended before for pain but it also increases blood flow and treats many symptoms of menopause.
- Chaste tree berry increases libido in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (maybe I should try it!) and other hormonal imbalances.
- Nitric oxide and L-arginine increase blood flow.
Of course, there are also specially formulated blends and oils but they often contain many of the supplements listed. Watch out for gimmicks when buying these products. Many of them don’t contain enough of the active ingredient to be thoroughly effective and they’re often more expensive. Explore your options and talk to your doctor and I’m sure you’ll find a solution that’s right for you!
Try vitamin E oil as lubricant!
Have fun, be sexy!